Monday, March 28, 2011

Scare #1

Well, I'm writing this to you from triage. We woke up at 6am. Jase had a big meeting this morning and had to get up early. I went into the bathroom and saw that I had bright red blood as compared to the dark blood I had a few days leading up to today. I told Jase that I thought we needed to call the doctor ASAP.

I called and the doctor on call said to go ahead and come into labor and delivery to see what is going on. I, of course, decided that we needed to take showers and get ready first just in case this was it. While we were getting ready Niko decided that he would throw up two times on our bathroom floor. Sheesh! I guess he knew something was up with his momma! :) Jase was sweet enough to clean it up. :)

We got in my car to drive here. Jase made me sit on a towel so I didn't mess up my seats in case my water broke. Ha! I must have been having contractions on the way here because I was having semi rhythmic cramping while we were driving. Nothing terrible.

We got here, they checked us in, and my doctor came in right away! It happened very quickly. The nurse asked me a million questions and hooked me up to monitors. We can hear your heartbeat nonstop now. After she asked me all the questions, she said that I had a contraction while she was reading them off to me. I was really suprised. She said I was having another one after that and touched my belly. I felt a bit of a tightening then. Nothing huge. I just felt tight and crampy.

They also gave me a menu to order food. I jumped on that of course. My meal of choice? A banana, grape Gatorade and a bagel with cream cheese!

When the doctor was here she checked me to see how dialted I am. I was 1cm at 8am and you were in a -1 position. It hurt pretty bad to be checked! Hopefully that will be the worst of the checking since you will get lower every time. :)

Anywhooo, now we are just sitting here being monitored until 10am. The doctor thinks this is not the real deal but she said the real deal could definitely happen in the next week or so and to pack my bags! Crazy!

Your heartbeat is hovering around 140. I'm watching it go down and back up every time I have a contraction.

We will probably be sent home at 10am so I will update later!

1 comment:

  1. Stay in there Ella and continue your necessary growth pattern. We want to hold you.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete