Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Anniversary

Not much news here. Nothing big has been going on besides me being super tired. I slept 7 hours last night. Woke up, went to bootcamp with Olivia, came home and slept 4 hours. I then stayed awake until 3:30 and woke back up 5:30. I'm so thankful to have so many days off work right now to allow myself to do that for you. I don't mind it much either. :)

Your dad and I went on our two year anniversary trip the other day. We are planning on going to all fifty states in the next fifty years that we are married. We went to Kentucky last year. We went ot Cincinnati, OH this year. We had a lot of fun.

First we went to a wonderful place called Terrys Turf Club. It was featured on the Food Networks Diners, Dives, and Drives Ins. We shared their famous chili and spilt a burger. So good!



The next day we woke up bright and early to go on a hike in Mt. Airey Forest with the Cincinnati hiking club. We had a lot of fun and learned a lot about Cincinnati from a residents point of view. We hiked 5 miles! Needless to say, I was pretty tired and out of breath by the end.

For lunch we went to this great restaurant called Rookwood Pottery. It was an old pottery making facility. They had these GIANT kilns that you could sit in. I loved it. You won't believe what we ate. Well, I guess you would because you ate it too. Check this out...







After that wonderful and huge meal, we went to the Krohn Conservatory to look at the beautiful gardens. It was lovely.




We walked around this small area called Eden Park next to the Ohio River. It was amazing. It reminded me of San Fransico pictures. The houses were artsy and placed right next to each other. They were on very very steep hills which were hard to walk up! Jason and I took turns pushing each other because he was worried my heart rate would get too high for you. :)



After all of that, we went up north to find where Jason used to live before he met me. We ended up finding it but got rear ended at a stop light as we were leaving. This is Jasons second accident since he has gotten the car five months ago...That's not the best part though. Get this, the lady pulled over, we got her liscense plate number, and she DROVE OFF!! Jason chased her down and left me standing in a parking lot. I was crying and called the cops the second time to tell them that she was now taking off! Ack!! All was well though, the cop got it sorted out. The blueberry will be back in the shop for a few more days.



We went back to the hotel, I took a two hour nap. :) After that, we got ready to go to a Reds baseball game! So much fun! The didn't win but there was plenty of action. Your first game. :)





The next day we slept in and decided that it was too hot to go to the zoo so we went to Gold Star Chili and then to a decent mall. Then we made the journey home.

Enough about that. This blog is about you.

Jason is going to tell his dad, Dean very soon! I keep asking him to call but he is procrastinating. Soon! He is going to be so excited.

The big revealing to Joe, Jill, Danny, Becca, Shannon and Jordon will be this weekend when we go to Labor Day. That will be fun!

Hopefully we get to sleep tonight with all of the naps!

Happy 6 weeks sweet pea (that's your size now) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment