Monday, September 6, 2010

Stratman Revealing

Holy cow little E...if I ever felt it was hard to tell you were there that all went away! I think I jinxed myself. Oh well, it's all worth it.

Yesterday I took a small nap around four pm. When I woke up, I felt like I had the flu all of the sudden. My arms and hands ached. I felt like I was going to throw up. It lasted about an hour. The next day, today, I got up around 9. I felt fine while I was getting ready but as soon as I started moving around I felt so so sick. I went outside and laid in the hammock (we were at Jasons families house) and took a nap. After I slept and got up and moved around a bit I felt better. The joy! :)

Let me tell you the more fun things about the weekend! Jason and I flew into Charlotte on Friday. We got in right in time for dinner. As we were coming home from dinner Jill asked me if there was any "News"? I said "Ohh no not yet. Plenty of period news!" :) I actually lied pretty well. I'm usually downright horrible at lying. We continued on the conversation talking about my possible due dates and how that would work out with vacation if I got pregnant the next month, or the next, or the next...etc. I played along quite well.

Later that night Jason and I went to Target to get some "Things" that he forgot at home. We meandered around a while looking for something that would spark an idea about how to tell them. I found nipples. Yes nipples. I thought...nipples, cupcakes...perfect!!!! Jason and I bought 8 nipples (the kind I want for you of course) and checked out. We then went to Harris Teeter and bought a dozen cupcakes. That was a sad moment for me because I don't BUY cupcakes! I MAKE cupcakes!!! I am sure you will have plenty of them in your time. :)



Jason insisted that no one would "get" the whole nipple thing. I was thinking in my head (and out loud) "REALLLY??" I mean, who gets cupcakes with nipples on them. Really? So he bought the premade cake decorating candy. We got back home, stuffed the cupcakes in a bag and swiftly ran upstairs. Jason went in first to act as a distraction. If someone stopped us, he would talk to them while I ran with the cupcakes. We opened them up, decorated them, and started to walk downstairs. The video shows it from here but basically Jill was the only one in the kitchen (probably the ONLY time that happened the whole weekend!) She got it right away and was so surprised!! It was great! She called all the other ones in by saying that Jason and I brought a snack. I think everyone was a little confused. They thought that something might have happened to GiGi because Jill had tears in her eyes. They came in and Shannon got it right away but waited for everyone else to get it. I think they were in shock really. I'll let you decide. :)

<3




It was fun! We went on a mini shopping spree for you buying equal male/female outfits. :) It was fun. It's so neat to hold those little outfits and imagine that one day, you will be inside of them. Can't wait to get started on the nursery. I have the colors picked out. I think...:)

Well, I hope you have enjoyed reading about your big revealings. I don't think there is anything else big to tell you.

Talk later!

2 comments:

  1. How FUN, Steph! You'll never forget these moments. I love your blog! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in COMPLETE shock. After having a lengthy conversation with your Mommy saying that you did not yet exist (yes, this one time and one time only, she lied and did it VERY convincingly lol), I couln't quite get my mind to wrap around the fact that you were indeed already in the making! What a fabulous surprise!!!!

    As they showed me the cupcakes, I was fully aware that my mouth was "on the counter" and I was powerless to do anything but try to close it with my hand to no avail hahahaha!

    To say we are excited is an understatement, we are thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete